Caught in a nose-to-tail on the motorway? Come back to find your car has disappeared? Got a crack in your windscreen from a stone?
We understand that sinking feeling you get when something happens to your car. So if you’re in this situation we’re here to make sure your claim is as easy and stress-free as possible.
How to Make a Claim
These policies are underwritten by and claims are managed by Vero Insurance New Zealand Limited. Simply choose from these options:
- If you have been involved in a vehicle accident or your car has been flooded call us on 0800 227 787.
- If your vehicle has been stolen or broken into, you must notify the police immediately and then call us on 0800 227 787
- If you have a windscreen or other glass claim, call us on 0800 227 787 to arrange repair or replacement
Weather Events and Support
We’re here to help you:
- Hardship Support: If you are experiencing financial hardship, please contact us on 0800 227 787 as we have a range of options that may help. Each of these solutions can be personalised to enable your individual needs to be met.
- Natural Disasters: Vero try to help people with claims as quickly as possible, but following natural disasters they experience very high call volumes, so appreciate your patience. At these times some delays may be experienced with completing repairs, but the repairer will keep you informed on those.
Tips for people whose cars have been involved in flooding:
- If water has come into your car either while driving or because of flood levels – do not try to start your car. It may well be damaged and doing this could cause further mechanical or electrical damage. Make a claim with your comprehensive car insurance provider, so your car can be assessed.
- If you’ve driven through water or it has risen only as high as the bottom of the car, but it hasn’t come in – we still advise you not to start it. It might not be damaged, but it could have been. Your mechanic may be able to advise you of the best course of action.