From 1 October 2021 AutoSelect Mechanical Breakdown Insurance is no longer available to new customers.
If you have a current AutoSelect Mechanical Breakdown Insurance policy (taken out before 30 September 2021), your policy will continue to provide cover on the same terms and there will be no change to your rights and obligations under your policy. We will continue to provide the high level of claim and general support that we always have. So please feel free to contact us.
Making a claim
Simply follow these steps:
- Call us on 0800 809 700 or email email@example.com and provide your policy number, vehicle registration and current odometer reading
- We’ll help you find your nearest Authorised Repairer (all repairs must be carried out by an Authorised Repairer)
- If the vehicle can be driven safely without causing further damage, take it to the nearest Authorised Repairer. If not arrange to have it towed (some policies have cover for towing included).*
- Present your policy to the repairer to determine if the breakdown constitutes a claim and request the repairer contacts us.
- You may be required to complete a claim form and we may also require other documentation, such as proof of servicing and other relevant invoices.
- If the repairer can’t determine the fault it may be necessary to dismantle parts. If this is the case we must be notified, however, only you can authorise the dismantling to be carried out. Please note: The contract for repair is between you and the repairer. Any costs not covered by the policy (including your excess), must be paid to the repairer at the completion of the repairs.
NOTE: Any repairs commenced without the prior approval of DPL Insurance are excluded from cover.
Please feel free to contact us about your AutoSelect insurance policy.
0800 267 873
PO Box 33 1248, Takapuna, Auckland 0740